Tuesday, September 8, 2009

Card for a cause (& a couple of challenges too)

So, as you may have noticed I didn't get crafty yesterday. I have to say this is totally & completely my sister's fault because she talked me into going to JoAnn Fabrics with her so I could buy more craft supplies. What can I say? She knows my weakness.... Actually, I guess I should take that back - I did get crafty but I didn't have time to post about it until today.

If you read my last post, you may remember that I mentioned Erin's efforts to get lots & lots of cards for her 13-yr-old neighbor, Paige, who lost her arm as a result of a boating accident. If you missed it, please visit this post for more information. Anyway, I looked through my stamps & decided to use this cute bear - love Gruffies stamps! The lilacs he's sniffing lent themselves to the color combination of lilac/purple & grey for the Creative Inspirations challenge this week. I also used Heidi's lovely sketch from Friday Sketchers. This is the first time I've used this stamp & now that I've inked him up I'll probably be using him again soon. I 3-D'd both the image & sentiment with foamies again.

Front:

Close-up of 3-D flower & sentiment:


Close-up of image:

I inked around the edges of the sentiment - this is the first time I tried it & thought it looked pretty good - the slightly messy look of the ink is actually on purpose. You may also notice that those 3 dew drops just appeared in the last photo; it just seemed to be missing something & those seemed to complete the picture I had in my head. Hopefully it'll bring a smile to Paige's face :)

Supplies:

Paper: Sorry but I can't remember the brand of the DP - it's a loose piece that I purchased, I think it may be from Sassafras Lass; plain papers from my stash
Stamps: Gruffies Lilac Bouquet from Stampabilities, sentiment from the $1 bin at Michael's
Colored with colored pencils
Other supplies used: Dew Drops, Cuttlebug Flowers & Hearts embossing folder


Have you heard.....about the new Saturday Spotlight Hidden Potential challenge? They're still looking for DT members for those who may be interested & the 1st challenge is coming up on October 3. Help spread the word & you can be entered to win some pretty awesome blog candy!

13 comments:

  1. Such a cute image and beautiful papers!!!
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fab card janet, such a cute image, and the papers are devine. Thanks for joining us on Creative Inspirations Challenge. Louise x

    ReplyDelete
  3. beautiful card adore the image thanks for joing us this week at CIC love cheryl xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. fabulous card Janet, I love this little bear and the monochromatic colours are great
    Mina xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a super card love the image and fabulopus colouring
    Hugs Jacqui x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Just gorgeous Janet - love that image, (love all the mousies & Gruffies) fab papers and colours and you're right the dewdrops finish it perfectly.
    NOW - having said that - give me my hits back - I've worked long and hard for those (lol). Seriously if you've got extra don't worry about it - when you lose 'em - WORRY!!!
    hugs Heather xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. a wonderful card, lovely colour combo. hugs rachxx

    ReplyDelete
  8. wow!! this is just so gorgeous!! Love the little grey mouse and the gorgeous lilac flower!! stunning, love it!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh what a gorgeous card, adorable image and fab colours.
    luv
    Debby

    ReplyDelete
  10. Gorgeous card, such a sweet image which you have coloured beautifully xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. I'm sure this lovely card will bring a smile to Paige's face - it certainly brought one to mine :)

    Hugs
    Steph x

    ReplyDelete
  12. Such a cute card Janet and that HM image is the sweetest!
    Hugs Tara xx

    ReplyDelete
  13. Gorgeous card... love your grey bear.
    Sandra x

    ReplyDelete