Sunday, September 27, 2009

Buggy full of bunnies baby card

It's been forever since I posted a card on here but I finally got my act together! This is a card for a friend who looks like she's about to pop any day now. Four babies in the buggy is just about perfect - no, she's not having quadruplets but she is having baby #4.

Speaking of the #4, there were 4 challenges that worked with my card this week. I used the sketch from Sketch Saturday but changed it a tiny bit to suit my materials. Creative Card Crew's challenge this week was to decorate the inside of your card and, since that's something I've never done before, I decided to give it a shot. House Mouse and Friends Challenge is to pick your favorite challenge from the last year. I was so excited to see that because a while back I missed their white on white challenge - everything on the card had to be white except your image - and I really liked the effect. Finally, the challenge at Die Cut Dreams is to use ribbon your card & I just happen to have a velvet ribbon on the front & a satin-y ribbon inside.

Front:

A little more in-close on the image:

Inside:
I had to take like 13 shots of the white on white inside before I finally got this one!

Supplies:

Paper: the card is a pre-made card I got in an 8-pack for $1 at Michael's, other paper from my stash
Stamps: Happy Hoppers Bunny Buggie from Stampabilities, sentiment from the $1 bin at Michael's
Other supplies: colored pencils, Martha Stewart lace border punch, Cuttlebug swiss dots embossing folder, and for the first time ever (!!!) my new Spellbinders Nestabilities

7 comments:

  1. Hi Janet

    such a sweet card, love the way you've used ribbon inside adn outside too. Thanks for joining us this week at DCD - hope to see you back next week

    Victoria
    x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow this is just so pretty and delicate
    thanks for joining us this week at DCD
    Hugs Susie xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awww this is so cute, I think it's lovely. Thanks for joining us at DCD this week.
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh this is just super cute! Thanks for joining in the CCC Challenge. Donna x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Janet, i absolutely love this image, i adore the happy hoppers and house mouse and ive never seen this one before is soooo cute. Love the white on white its so classy.
    Love n hugs
    Vikki xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very Sweet, love the gorgeous embossed detail inside. Thanks for joining us on Sketch Saturday, especially this week as it's my last week on the DT :(
    Sandra x

    ReplyDelete