Sunday, June 14, 2009

Shopping trip!

I'm going shopping!!! No, not now, but soon! My friend, Trina, & I decided we needed to get out of our little town, so we're going to the big(ger) city of Columbus, Ohio for a couple of days. Why Columbus? To be honest, I've been dying to get back to Archivers since I was last there in February & the closest one is in Columbus. The lady at a local scrapbooking store was telling me about Hobby Lobby the other day so I'm hoping to check them out while I'm there too. Throw Michael's & Jo-Ann's into the mix & my bank account may be in serious trouble!

We booked a hotel on Priceline & it looks to be pretty nice - 3.5 stars - and we got it for less than $100 for 2 nights! I was pretty pleased with that deal, and then I was looking online & saw that there are a couple of Hobby Lobby stores within 5 miles, and we're like 7 miles from Archivers (and The Cheesecake Factory - yummmm....). That made the deal even sweeter for me! Now I just have to be patient & wait a few weeks till we actually get to go - easier said than done.

My goal is to actually enter a card making challenge sometime soon. I have a bunch of them bookmarked on my computer & I keep checking them out, but haven't had the courage to actually do one. In the meantime I keep visiting tons of you blogging crafters & I'm so blown away by the talent & creativity!

A few yummy Blog Candy Giveaways I wanted to tell you about:

  • Allison is celebrating a belated 1st Blogoversary (and over 25,000 hits!)
  • Michelle is giving away blog candy in honor of reaching 75,000 hits - wow! (check out her adorable donkeys while you're there)
  • Martine is celebrating becoming a Stampin' Up! demonstrator by giving away some awesome candy!
  • Dianne is trying to reach 250 followers - how about giving her a hand? Her candy is pretty fantastic (as are the cards she makes)!

No comments:

Post a Comment