Thursday, February 26, 2009

Happy ending to a yucky day.....

I woke up this morning with a migraine....mmmm, lovely. If you've ever had a migraine, you know it's not really possible to function - for me it's pretty much Aleve & sleep in a dark room. So I didn't go to work today. I'm a secretary at a dentist's office &, fortunately, my boss is really great. I'll probably pick up some coffee for him & his assistant in the morning - kind of an "I'm sorry you had to deal w/ the money & phones yesterday."

Soooo....I slept the majority of the day & still had a bit of a thumping heading when I woke up this evening. Had a little caffeine which seemed to help my head a little, but probably wasn't the brightest idea - combine that with the fact that I slept all day & I probably won't sleep tonight!

On a good note, my two favorite hockey teams won tonight! San Jose was playing the Ottawa Senators in Ottawa & allowed the first goal of the game again. Thanks to some pretty decent play by Brian Boucher, & goals by Milan Michalek & Patrick Marleau, they were able to come away with a 2-1 win. They now have 93 points & lead the NHL in points as they have for the majority of the season (although Detroit & Boston are both pretty close behind them).

Then, to make it a little sweeter, the Columbus Blue Jackets (my second favorite team) won an away game vs the Edmonton Oilers. I didn't get to see the whole game as I was watching the Sharks game which started a little earlier, but I did get to see Raffi Torres score the only goal of the game. Steve Mason of the Blue Jackets got his 8th shutout of the year & the Jackets are that much closer to making the playoffs for the first time ever. I'm so excited at the prospect of going to a playoff game in Columbus!

No comments:

Post a Comment